Keep track of all the components in your reserve study in one simple to use platform.
- Store component details such as description, serial numbers, supplier info and more.
- Map each component’s location with geo-mapping.
- Access The Living Reserve Study™ on your mobile device for easy component inspections.
- Tie each component to your financials with GL code and cost center.
- Track estimated replacement costs and schedule.
- Attach photos of each component along with file attachments for RFPs, bids, specs, and vendor information.
- Add Notes and maintenance history to track changes or preventative maintenance.
- Choose which notes appear in the board report.
- Generate comprehensive inventory reports.
Now we have the tools to have a tangible anticipated replacement list that evolves so you would know projects coming up whereas before people were just using their own judgement. It's a great tool to educate the rest of the association about why a component is scheduled for replacement, which helps with teaching or convincing owners.– Roxana DePasquale,
Belleview Biltmore Villas South Garden Four
One aspect of SmartProperty I think many people don't realize is it's a repository of saving documents for your components. So many times in my career I have noticed a board did not have the contract from a former large capital expense, or an estimate that they got years ago has been lost to time. But now, if you get sued or you get push back on an estimate, you have everything you need to defend the Board's decisions right in the component record.– Andrew Spencer, EJF Real Estate Services
Reserve planning that fits your community’s needs.
- View anticipated expenditures over 30 years to identify spikes and prevent reserve shortages.
- Filter by category, phase, status, or date to understand where your replacement reserves are going.
- Create phased replacement plans.
- Determine if you will need additional funding options early so you can explore funding alternatives.
- View at a glance when you will need to cash in CDs or bonds to make funding available for CapEx projects.
- Preview the effect pending board decisions will have on the budget, and on the community’s future.
- Create tests by breaking projects into phases or pushing out timelines to buy time for funding to be available for necessary projects. Or build your own custom funding model!
- Provide homeowners and board members with a summary overview of the financial condition of the reserves, anticipated expenditures, a breakdown of where the money is going and a preview of the future financial state based on current projections.
Creating Your Financial Plan
SmartProperty is allowing me to conduct “what if” analysis on our Reserve study in real time, without the clumsy old process of submitting marked up reports and waiting for a response. I was able to evaluate all my proposed changes in a day, rather than a couple of weeks!– Jim McCorkle, Board President,
Cantabria Maintenance Corporation
SmartProperty allowed us to look at the association’s expenses and budget as a whole. With SmartProperty I was able to run scenarios myself, see all the component costs, and really
pinpoint the best allocations for the community. In 20 years of working in the industry, I have never been more confident with what’s in my reserve study.
Trilogy at Glen Ivy
CapEx project tracking that is integrated with your reserve study.
- Get a top-down view of all active projects so you can quickly identify where every project is in the process. (RFP, Reviews, Approval, Commencement, Work in Progress and Completed)
- Tie projects to components in the inventory, and view the available reserve funds earmarked for each component’s replacement. View at a glance the amount remaining from the approved budget for all projects.
- Split larger projects into phases that can be tracked separately or together.
- Track payments and map invoices to GL codes. Add files and photos for bids, specs, contracts and more.
- Choose what percentage of a payment applies to this project when a contractor is working on multiple projects at once.
- Keep notes and history on the project with our activity timeline.
- Generate a printable report for the board to review a summary of open projects.
- Create templates you can follow for tracking future projects to ensure nothing gets missed.
Stay on Track
Staying on top of projects in spreadsheets used to be overwhelming. Not anymore. I love using SmartProperty's project tracking tool because it helps track invoices and payments and matches them to the reserves. It makes sure the contract is being followed and the budget stays on track.– Rick Ruth, First Service Residential
Keep Everybody on the Same Page
Before SmartProperty, the amount of time and communication it would take to complete a project was endless. Now, with SmartProperty, I can give access to my vendors or contractors to update components in real-time when applicable. With the ability to upload photos or files of work orders or service requests, I can keep track of all the moving parts within my project at the touch of a button whenever I need to.– Shawn Racoma, The Whaler at Kaanapali Beach AOAO
The Living Reserve Study™
|We Load Your Existing Reserve Study|
|Gain Access to These Features:|
|Component Inventory Control|
|Detailed photo, geo-tracking & file management system|
|Capital Planning & Analysis Tools|
|Monthly Financial Health Report for inclusion in Monthly Financials|
|Collaborative User Access Control|
|Sandbox for what-if scenario planning|
|Data Integration with Accounting Software**|
The Living Reserve Study™ + Professional Reserve Study
|Everything in Standard Plan, PLUS...|
|Annual Reserve Study Update|
|Managed Reserve Study Update Services|
|On-Demand Professional Reserve Analyst for financial review with recommendations|
|Board Education via Zoom|
|PROFESSIONAL PLUS |
The Living Reserve Study™ + Pro Reserve Study w/Onsite Inspection
|Pricing varies by Community|
|Everything in Standard Plan, PLUS...|
|Full, Onsite Reserve Study|
|Professional analyst comes to your community to perform a full on-site inspection|
|Board receives printable PDF version of full reserve study|
|Completed reserve study data is loaded into The Living Reserve Study™|
|On-Demand Professional Reserve Analyst for review with recommendations|
|Board Education via Zoom|
Need us to load your existing reserve study? $99 Setup to Onboard Existing Reserve Study Component Inventory.
* Invoiced annually. Includes up to 150 components per property. $1 for each additional component. Sandboxes and sub-associations priced separately.
** Data integration available or select industry accounting systems only.
*** Onsite Inspection Pricing varies based on location, size of community and engineering partner. Submit an RFP to get a quote for a full reserve study for your association.
Professionals are Designated and Accredited by:
The Living Reserve Study™ is more than an electronic version of your reserve study. It’s a suite of tools that let you control every aspect of your asset management process, from tracking reserve component inventory to funding scenarios to tracking maintenance to managing capital improvement projects.