Last Updated: March 12, 2020
In this Policy, when we use the term “Personal Information”, we mean any information that can be used to identify (directly or indirectly) or contact a specific individual, such as the individual’s name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or online identifier.
Information We Collect
Usage data. We automatically collect certain information to help us understand how visitors explore our Site. For example, each time you visit our Site we may automatically collect your IP address, browser and computer type, access time, the web page you came from, the URL you go to next, and the web page(s) that you access during your visit. We also collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
Information you choose to submit. You can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information by which someone could personally identify you. When you use the Site or our Services, we may collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, such as when you register on the Site; place an order with us; subscribe to our newsletter; respond to a survey; fill out a form to request a service, product or communication; and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. You may choose to provide your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or credit card information..
How we use the information. We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our Services. We may also use the information we collect to:
- improve our algorithms. We may use the information we collect to tailor our algorithms to your business.
- send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests;
- monitor and analyze trends and usage in connection with our Services;
- detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of SmartProperty and others;
- personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- process payments, provide you the Services you request, and send you information and updates about your order;
- send you emails about company news, such as updates or related product or service information. To change your communication preferences, see “Your Choices” below;
- deliver relevant advertising to you outside of our Services; and
- carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected
How We Share Information
- When you agree to receive a white paper or other promotional material from a SmartProperty client and provide us with your email address or other personal information for that purpose, we may share your email address or other personal information with that SmartProperty client for its direct marketing purposes. To opt-out of this sharing, please see “Your Choices” below;
- We may provide the information we collect to third parties who provide services to us (e.g., credit card processing services or marketing email services). In those circumstances, we limit disclosure of User Information that which is necessary for such service providers to perform those services.
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- If we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or property;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others.
Data Quality and Security
We seek to use reasonable administrative, organizational, technical, and physical measures to help protect the Personal Information you provide to us from loss, misuse, and unauthorized disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized personnel have access to Personal Information you provide to us and each employee with access to Personal Information is obligated to maintain its integrity and confidentiality. Unfortunately, no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure or error free. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, you should immediately notify us in accordance with the section below entitled “Contact Us.” Please note that if you notify us by physical mail, this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem.
The Services may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites and suggest you review their privacy policies.
We store the information we collect for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) described above. Additionally, we retain information as needed to resolve disputes, enforce our policies, and to comply with the law.
We and our service providers may transfer information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. It is our policy to ensure that adequate legal instruments (e.g. model contracts, safe harbors like Privacy Shield, etc.) and other safeguards are applied to Personal Data processed outside of your country, as required by law.
Residents of the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing. If you are a resident of the EEA, we will only process your personal data:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the services you have requested);
- When you have consented to our processing of your personal data;
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data (e.g., to communicate with you about changes to our services, to advertise our services, and to provide, secure, and improve our services); or
- To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
Data Subject Requests. If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that we correct, erase, or, in some circumstances, transfer it to another provider. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. To make any of these requests please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions or Complaints. If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Correction or deletion. You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by emailing us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from SmartProperty by following the instructions in those emails or by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Disclosure to third parties for their marketing purposes: To opt out of having information about you shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com.